A video on how to complete an SSA-89 form can be viewed here: https://youtu.be/FfdmPHGbYrY
To avoid potential delays, it is critical that you download the SSA-89 form for your contacts within your Aspen iRecord® account and follow all instructions provided exactly. Please do not use any older forms you may have on file as the details required by the Social Security Administration (SSA) may no longer be correct on forms completed prior to April 3rd 2017 when this process was introduced with First Advantage.
Issues encountered by some customers to avoid:
- Using old forms they already had on file or downloaded from outside of Aspen iRecord® which are outdated and no longer acceptable to the SSA.
- Not including one of the pages of the form when uploading the file to Aspen iRecord®.
- Modifying the pre-filled agent name/address field and as a result making errors with what needs to be included in that field.
- Not including the contact's phone number.
- Not physically wet signing or dating the form. Electronic signatures are NOT acceptable, even those done through a signature verification application.
- Not including the contact's SSN and/or date of birth.
- Modifying the pre-filled purpose field and as a result making errors with what needs to be included in that field.
Simply put for all FUTURE background checks:
- Print the form as downloaded from Aspen iRecord®.
- Complete all sections of the form that have not been pre-populated.
- Get wet signature from contact (Electronic signatures are NOT acceptable, even those done through a signature verification application.)
- Upload the form into Aspen iRecord®.
Please email your completed form to Contractor.Platinum@fadv.com and quote the Order ID for each individual. If you have any questions please contact the First Advantage Premier Team on 844-535-3217.
A sample form is available here: