CBSV is provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA) and enables verification that the Social Security Number (SSN), name and date of birth provided by a contact either matches, or does not match, the data in the SSA's records. This verification service is allowable only with the written consent of the SSN holder provided on the SSA's Form SSA-89. Once a contact has been verified by the CBSV process, it is not required again for future background check renewals.
Articles in this section
- SSA89 form with First Advantage
- Refund Policy
- Get Verified Virtual Site Inspection Frequently Asked Questions
- First Advantage Virtual Site Inspection
- How can I change a contact’s name?
- What is needed in the SSA-89 attachment upload?
- How can I change the Social Security number (SSN) or date of birth (DOB) for a contact I have previously submitted for a background check?
- I have suffered from identify theft and have a common name, thus some derogatory information might show up that is not mine. How do I know that only the factual data tied to me is used?
- I had a juvenile offense years ago that was expunged and was supposed to be sealed. Will this show up on the background check?