CBSV is provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA) and enables verification that the Social Security Number (SSN), name and date of birth provided by a contact either matches, or does not match, the data in the SSA's records. This verification service is allowable only with the written consent of the SSN holder provided on the SSA's Form SSA-89. Once a contact has been verified by the CBSV process, it is not required again for future background check renewals.
Articles in this section
- SSA89 form with First Advantage
- SOP - Weekly top ten customers
- Aspen iRecord - Glossary
- How can I cancel my background check?
- Background checks cancelled by background check company
- Why can I not submit a background check for a contact?
- Appeal Process
- What communications go to the Primary Contact?
- Who and what is the Primary Contact?
- Providing connection codes to a network member