How to Submit a Contact for Background Check
Individuals can be submitted for a background check through the Contacts tab in your Aspen iRecord® account.
Step 1: Login to your Aspen iRecord® account and click on the Contacts tab.
If all required fields have been completed for the individual on the contact profile screen and all required documentation has been uploaded, the Background Check Status column will reflect "Submit for Background Check". Click the link and proceed with the background check submission.
Note: You now have 3 locations within your Aspen iRecord® account that allow you to submit a contact for a background check.
- While on the Contacts tab, click the "Submit for Background Check" status link within the Background Check Status column. (screenshot for this example above)
- While on the Contacts tab, click the checkbox next to the individuals name and then click the "Submit for Background Check" link within the Actions box.
- While on the Contacts tab, click on the individuals name that you will be submitting for a background check and then click "Submit for a Background Check" link within the Actions box.
Step 2: On the next page, review and accept the FCRA agreement and complete all required information.
The required information includes:
- SSN (Social Security Number): Only use the nine digits, with no dashes.
- Date of Birth: Click the calender icon for easier entry.
- Obtained Written Consent: The FCRA require that you have obtained written consent from a contact before you submit them for a background check. Use this option to indicate if you have already obtained this written consent from this contact.
- Existing Proprietary Background Check: Click Yes if the contact already has an existing, current background check from a system other than Aspen iRecord®.
Note: If the SSN and Date of Birth fields are uneditable, this means that the contact has been submitted for a background check previously and the information within those fields cannot be changed.
Step 3: By submitting a contact for a background check, this will result in your credit card being charged immediately.
Note: For individuals not successfully submitted, the contact will be listed on the Contacts tab under the Individual Compliance Results column as "Not Submitted".
Step 4: If you need to renew a contact’s background check in the future this can be done by following the Background Check Renewal Process.
Last Reviewed & Updated: 04/2022