Financial institutions must comply with laws and regulations. The OCC (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency), CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau), FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation), Dodd Frank Servicing Standards and other government agencies require that financial institutions take appropriate measures to ensure the safety of consumers. For example, the CFPB expects institutions to oversee their relationship with service providers in a manner that ensures compliance with federal consumer financial law which is designed to protect the interests of consumers and avoid consumer harm. Therefore, financial institutions are implementing programs to ensure compliance, and that all service providers have private background checks for field service workers.
Articles in this section
- SSA89 form with First Advantage
- How can I cancel my background check?
- Background checks cancelled by background check company
- Why can I not submit a background check for a contact?
- Appeal Process
- What communications go to the Primary Contact?
- Who and what is the Primary Contact?
- Providing connection codes to a network member
- How it all works
- How can I change the Primary Contact?