Financial institutions must comply with laws and regulations. The OCC (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency), CFPB (Consumer Financial Protection Bureau), FDIC (Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation), Dodd Frank Servicing Standards and other government agencies require that financial institutions take appropriate measures to ensure the safety of consumers. For example, the CFPB expects institutions to oversee their relationship with service providers in a manner that ensures compliance with federal consumer financial law which is designed to protect the interests of consumers and avoid consumer harm. Therefore, financial institutions are implementing programs to ensure compliance, and that all service providers have private background checks for field service workers.
Articles in this section
- SSA89 form with First Advantage
- Refund Policy
- Get Verified Virtual Site Inspection Frequently Asked Questions
- First Advantage Virtual Site Inspection
- How can I change a contact’s name?
- What is needed in the SSA-89 attachment upload?
- How can I change the Social Security number (SSN) or date of birth (DOB) for a contact I have previously submitted for a background check?
- I have suffered from identify theft and have a common name, thus some derogatory information might show up that is not mine. How do I know that only the factual data tied to me is used?
- I had a juvenile offense years ago that was expunged and was supposed to be sealed. Will this show up on the background check?