Yes, anyone can dispute their report with the background check company directly. A letter is sent to any contact receiving less than an IC01 outlining the process for doing so. The background check company will work with the contact and evaluate the information in their report in accordance with applicable law and/or regulation.
Articles in this section
- SSA89 form with First Advantage
- Refund Policy
- Get Verified Virtual Site Inspection Frequently Asked Questions
- First Advantage Virtual Site Inspection
- How can I change a contact’s name?
- What is needed in the SSA-89 attachment upload?
- How can I change the Social Security number (SSN) or date of birth (DOB) for a contact I have previously submitted for a background check?
- I have suffered from identify theft and have a common name, thus some derogatory information might show up that is not mine. How do I know that only the factual data tied to me is used?
- I had a juvenile offense years ago that was expunged and was supposed to be sealed. Will this show up on the background check?