The background check company will conduct the following criminal searches, as governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), to ensure no information violates individual privacy standards;
- Social Security Number Verification – This search is used in determining possible fraudulent use of a social security number and to find locations an applicant has resided that were not reported on their application.
- Felony and Misdemeanor County Search – This search is a county level search for felonies and misdemeanors. Infractions and traffic violations are not included.
- Sex Offender Database Search (State and National) – This state-specific registry provides a search of information on sexual offenders who are required to register in the state in which they reside.
- National Criminal Record File Search – This database includes the fugitive files and government watch lists, sex offender registries, state and county criminal record repositories, state departments of corrections, and administrative offices of the court.
- Federal Criminal Search – This search checks the U.S. District Courthouse. Examples of federal criminal cases may include bank robbery, bank fraud and kidnapping.
- Global Sanction Search – this search covers both U.S. and foreign database sanctions including OFAC (Office of Foreign Asset Control), FBI Most Wanted List, Terrorist Exclusion List, Denied Parties and World Debarred Parties Lists.