Each background check company will report all convictions and/or active deferrals regardless of scope (years) as allowed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Only adult cases will be reported. Certain states have restrictions on how many years back you can search, and in these cases the background check company complies with the state specific access laws. The number of years back on specific charges can impact the report level returned.
Articles in this section
- SSA89 form with First Advantage
- How can I cancel my background check?
- Background checks cancelled by background check company
- Why can I not submit a background check for a contact?
- Appeal Process
- What communications go to the Primary Contact?
- Who and what is the Primary Contact?
- Providing connection codes to a network member
- How it all works
- How can I change the Primary Contact?