Each background check company will report all convictions and/or active deferrals regardless of scope (years) as allowed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Only adult cases will be reported. Certain states have restrictions on how many years back you can search, and in these cases the background check company complies with the state specific access laws. The number of years back on specific charges can impact the report level returned.
Articles in this section
- SSA89 form with First Advantage
- Refund Policy
- Get Verified Virtual Site Inspection Frequently Asked Questions
- First Advantage Virtual Site Inspection
- How can I change a contact’s name?
- What is needed in the SSA-89 attachment upload?
- How can I change the Social Security number (SSN) or date of birth (DOB) for a contact I have previously submitted for a background check?
- I have suffered from identify theft and have a common name, thus some derogatory information might show up that is not mine. How do I know that only the factual data tied to me is used?
- I had a juvenile offense years ago that was expunged and was supposed to be sealed. Will this show up on the background check?