Once a contact is submitted for a background check, their name can no longer be changed through the system. To change a contact's name, please submit a copy of an official photo ID displaying the contact's new name and documentation that best describes the reason for the name change. Send an email to email@example.com with the validation PIN# in the subject line, a photo ID with the new name attached, and proof of the name change attached.
Articles in this section
- SSA89 form with First Advantage
- Refund Policy
- Get Verified Virtual Site Inspection Frequently Asked Questions
- First Advantage Virtual Site Inspection
- How can I change a contact’s name?
- What is needed in the SSA-89 attachment upload?
- How can I change the Social Security number (SSN) or date of birth (DOB) for a contact I have previously submitted for a background check?
- I have suffered from identify theft and have a common name, thus some derogatory information might show up that is not mine. How do I know that only the factual data tied to me is used?
- I had a juvenile offense years ago that was expunged and was supposed to be sealed. Will this show up on the background check?