The background check can be transferred from one employer/client to another. This is a self-service option and background checks can be transferred by using a link within the Aspen iRecord® account. You will need to provide the new employer with the following specific details:
- ABC Number
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number (SSN)
Your authorization allows the following information to be transferred to the new business account in Aspen iRecord®:
Even if the new business account has entered something different in these fields for you, the following details will be copied to the new business account from the previous business account, where they would have been used to run the existing background check.
- Legal First, Middle and Last name
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- Expiration Date
- Individual compliance (IC) status including any associated data that is used for subsequent background check submissions for this contact such as their SSN, Date of Birth and any confirmations received from the Social Security Administration that the SSN and DOB are accurate and are correctly associated with this contact's legal name
The following values, will be copied to the New Business Account if:
a) the data was populated by the Previous Business Account
b) the new business account has not already added these values for you in their Aspen iRecord® account:
- Contact photo
- Contact classification
- Non-legal names including any title, prefix or suffix
- Contact's address
- Contact's work phone & extension, home phone, fax & cell phone
NOTE: These details can be edited by the new business account after the transfer has been completed.
Please review the Implications of Transferring a Background Check article before completing a background check transfer.